Home » All Used Cars » MG » TD »
1950 MG TD
Comments: The car was build in June of 1950 and mostly sold in England since it is a right hand drive. There are 29,664 made. They were built from 1949 through 1953
The car is now equipped with a 1974 MGB GT drive train including: the engine, suspension (from the lower A arm up, the rear springs are MGB, rear shocks MGB, front shocks MGB, steering gear original MG TD.
The car has been resored to look like a 1950s club racer with motorcycle like front fenders and the side panels of the hood are not used.
It is equipped with a period leather strap hood hold down with unique tension strings
An aluminum oil cooler was mounted to the front valance panel with stainless steel oil lines to add to the racer look and control the temp of the oil same as MGBs
Two oversized stainless driving lights were added to continue with the racer look.
Custom closeout panels were added at the front to hide the ouward ends of the frame.
An adjustable sway bar was added to the front suspension to improve the handling.
The original TD maser cylinder was replaced wih an improved Wildwood racing master cylinder as was the clutch masercylinder.
Individual racing windscreens were added.
The 1800 cc engine was completely rebuilt: The engine was boiled and cleaned, new rings, rod and main bearings, valves ground and installed with new guides, new timing chain gears and tensioner, new water pump, new oil pump, new seals and gaskets and painted with high temperature red paint.
The radiator was modefied to satisfy a pressure system with hidden pressure capand aluminum billet reservoir.
Cast aluminum valve cover
The carburetors were built and racing style air cleaners were added
Frame sandblasted and power pained
Racing seat built
front & rear brake absorbers were refurbished
rea axle sandblasted & powder coated
the suspension lower ! arms were sandblasted and powder coated
rear axle has new ball bearings & the thrust washers in the washers in the differenials were replaced
new leaf spring bushings
leaf springs disassembled wire brushed paint and rassembled
6" original headlamps equippedwith new wire mesh headlamps vocers
new front wheel beraings and seals were installed
new tire rod ends
brake and clutch pedalsre-brushed with new pivot shaft
new radiator hoses
new fan belt
new water pump
delco electric furl punmp installed on frame close to the gas tank to preclude percolation
new knock off hubs
rebuilt generator and starter motor
custom woring harness
heidden electrical shot off switch
new hydrauloc actuated stop light switch
new cluctch dics, pressure plate, throw-out bearing, pilot bearing and linkage
new engine turned stainless steel insrument panel
all new stewart warner except the speedometer
the car in finished in Britch racing green by Jeff Panek: custom car painter
new wheel cylinders and brake shoes and pads
gas tank cleaned and coated internally by Coils by Chris Traverse City, MI
new in tank fuel sender
it is equipped with custom street rod tunnel mounted heater
new gas lines
new Moss Motors wind wings
the windershield wiper motor was rebuilt, painted with crinkle paint and relocated to the centre to clear the racing screens that were added
new windshield wiper linkage, pivot and blades
new laminated Windshields glass
new full and ha;lf tonneauv covers
new Moss motors black vinyl top
new top bow from moss motors
OE black side curtains
new P185/70R/-14 Pirelli tires n tubes
wheels wells inspected, snadbalsted and powder painted silver
turn signals upgraded to electronic module
original D steering wheel leather wrapped
newdoor latches, covers, strikers, and re-bushed hinges
new black plush carpet
new Moss motors interior trim panels and door rim panels
original MG TD horns